Join us on Sunday, May 19, 2019, at Mather Auditorium in Munising for AC3’s free community suicide prevention event, “The ‘S’ Word”. Refreshments will be served. For info, call 202-2197.
Funded by Alger Regional Community Foundation and sponsored by AC3, the three-part event includes:
1pm – Information Session
- information from local community practitioners in yoga, meditation, and other self-care opportunities;
- Local agencies providing information on nutrition, exercise, benefits of outdoor activity;
- Mental health providers and how to connect with treatment;
- Faith-based ministers from our local churches.
2pm – Showing: The S Word
- From the creative team behind the award-winning “Of Two Minds” comes a new film that tackles one of the most unfathomable and cloistered issues of our time: Suicide.
3pm – QPR: Question, Persuade, Refer
- Rachel Harmon will discuss this practical and proven QPR suicide prevention training. Come learn more!